Thursday, October 20, 2011

My First Peer Student Session

The first student I have dealt with on a one on one basis was Kim. When I first met Kim, I realized that she was a great student and wanted to learn. The most amazing thing was, Kim came in with the attitude knowing that anything she wanted to do could be done and accomplished. We worked together on her outline and she was already prepared. The most exciting thing was knowing that she was willing to learn and she had all her paperwork prepared and ready to work. It was such a great feeling knowing that I helped a student learn how to write and organize an outline. That really made my day and I realized tutoring is not so hard, as long as you put your mind to it. The things I think about the most are the questions students ask me, and I realized I've asked those same questions, making much more easier for me to be there for a student and help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment