Monday, October 10, 2011

First Time

My first experience was being introduced to Mrs. Gibson. Mrs. Gibson is actually my coordinator of the writing center. When I first met Mrs. Gibson, I was very nervous, but then I realized that she was a very excited teacher that’s looking for students that are willing to learn and teach their peers the proper writing process. Since I’ve been dealing with her one on one, she has a great attitude and her professionalism inspires me on the type of attitude to have as a peer tutor. The impact she has on me lets me realize that as a student, teacher, listener, or learner, if you just be yourself, anything is possible for you to do. She really have some awesome skills and she makes her tutoring sessions very interesting and a comfort zone that makes a student feel comfortable about their writing skills. Now that I’m on my second week of training, I have learned a lot of general ideas on how to prepare myself as a peer tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment