Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How it All Started

Ben standing next to the 
Ink Well of Quotes










Whenever I tell people that I'm a tutor, they respond with a warm smile; then they say something along the lines of, "I could never do something like that." To be honest, I said those exact words when my one of my instructors suggested that I become a tutor. Despite my doubt I applied anyway, and that path led me to Wallace's Writing Center, Write Now! I heard about the Writing Center from my World Literature instructor. She was convinced that I would love it, and suggested that I visit as soon as I could. I have always loved writing, and I'm sure that my World Literature teacher could see that in my work. When I walked through the Write Now! door for the first time the Lab Coordinator greeted me with a huge smile and asked if I needed help. I said, "No, I'm here to volunteer," and that was how it all started. After a few months of volunteering I decided to apply to be an official Write Now! peer tutor.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment